- Ronaldo alerts United by saying he will NOT extend deal at Madrid which finishes in 201509:33 | 05/06/2013
Cristiano Ronaldo has put Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain on alert after indicating he will not renew his contract at Real Madrid beyond 2015.
Real are determined not to sell the Portuguese this summer but United and PSG remain keen when he does come available.
Alex Ferguson sold Ronaldo to Madrid in 2009, but the 28-year-old has admitted several times in the past few months that he is not totally happy in the Spanish capital.
Madrid President Florentino Perez had said that he expected Ronaldo to end his career at the club, but it now appears he could be looking for a new club in the next two years.
If Ronaldo is true to his word, he would be leaving on a free, not something Madrid are likely to want after having splashed out £80 million on him.
Whether he would move back to United now their manager has changed is yet to be seen, but he could emulate former boss Jose Mourinho by going back to a club he knew appreciated him completely.
United are also considering a move for PSV Eindhoven’s £25m-rated midfielder Kevin Strootman.The Holland U21 international had been on Everton’s wishlist this year.Manchester City are ready to step up interest in Ronaldo’s teammate Pepe over the next week.
According to Dailymail
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.