- Simon Mignolet leaves Liverpool to join Club Brugge on five-year deal13:05 | 05/08/2019
Simon Mignolet has left Liverpool to sign for Belgian side Club Brugge on a five-year deal.
Simon Mignolet has joined Club Brugge
The 30-year-old joins Club Brugge for a fee of between £6m and £8m plus bonuses, Sky Sports News understands.
Mignolet had flown out to Brussels on Sunday to finalise his five-year deal and complete his medical.
The Belgian has been allowed to leave Liverpool this summer after being refused a loan to Napoli last season following Loris Karius’ departure to Besiktas.
Liverpool goalkeepers Simon Mignolet, Alisson Becker and Caoimhin Kelleher celebrate with the Champions League trophy
Sky Sports News understands Mignolet, who had also been a target for Benfica, wanted to be closer to his family back in Belgium.
The 31-year-old signed a five-year deal with Liverpool in 2016 and is understood to have left Anfield on very good terms, with Liverpool satisfied with the fee and happy to fulfil the player’s wish to leave.
Mignolet, capped 21 times by Belgium, joined Liverpool from Sunderland six years ago and made 204 appearances for the club, winning the Champions League in 2019.
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.