- Spurs defender Kyle Walker photographed using 'hippy crack'13:45 | 09/09/2013
TOTTENHAM defender Kyle Walker has apologised after being photographed inhaling the potentially deadly ‘hippy crack’ party drug.
Walker, who is in Kiev with the England national team to prepare for a crucial World Cup qualifier against Ukraine, woke to a photograph of himself in a Sunday newspaper sucking in the substance nitrous oxide on a recent night out in his native Sheffield.
In a statement issued to Sportsmail, Walker said he had let England down.
“I have now been made aware of the health risks associated with the practice and accept that my actions were of poor judgement,” Walker said in a statement issued by Spurs.
“I hope this will in no way influence or encourage others into putting their own health at risk.”
Later, Walker added on Twitter: “Apologies for not commenting sooner on a story about me today. I’ve been training and am focused on Tuesday’s game for England.”
Users of nitrous oxide say the latest craze on the party circuit, the supply of which is illegal though the use is not, produces feelings of euphoria that have been likened to heroin or crack cocaine.
According to Foxsports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.