- Ter Stegen ready for Barcelona, insists Heynckes16:23 | 07/02/2014
The former Bayern Munich coach has little doubt that the talented goalkeeper will succeed at the Catalans if he were to make the move this summer.
Jupp Heynckes believes Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has what it takes to replace Victor Valdes at Barcelona.
Valdes is set to leave the Catalans at the end of the season and they recently confirmed that Ter Stegen is one of the candidates to take his place.
The Germany international, 21, has already told Monchengladbach that he will not extend his current deal and Heynckes feels Ter Stegen is ready to make the step to the Camp Nou side this summer.
“Ter Stegen is ready to take Valdes’ place at Barcelona,” Heynckes was quoted as saying by El Mundo Deportivo.
“He is still young, but he is already very mature.”
Ter Stegen is a product of the Monchengladbach youth academy and has developed into a key player at the Bundesliga side since making his official first-team debut in April 2011.
The young shot-stopper has kept six clean sheets in 19 league appearancees this term.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.