- Thang signs 2-year deal with VFF00:35 | 05/03/2016
Nguyen Huu Thang officially signed a two-year contract as new coach of Vietnamese football team at the Viet Nam Football Federation (VFF) in Ha Noi.
Thang, who takes over the reins from Japanese Toshiya Miura, will coach the team to the finals of the AFF Cup 2016 and helping the Under-22 side win a gold at the South East Asian Games 2017.
“I will select a way of playing which is suitable with the Vietnamese body. At present, I do not want any pressures including in choosing players,” Thang said.
Le Hoai Anh, VFF’s general secretary, said the VFF believes Thang has the professional knowledge, and it will create all the conditions for Thang’s working.
After officially signing the contract, Viet Nam faces Chinese Taipei on March 24 and Iraq on March 29 in the World Cup 2018 qualifiers.
Thang, 44, grew up and become famous from the Song Lam Nghe An training cradle. He played for the national squad from 1996 to 2002. After leaving his playing career, the former fullback player led Ha Noi T&T and Song Lam Nghe An clubs. In 2011, he helped his hometown club toast the Eximbank V-League 2011 after a 10-year wait.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.