- Thiago Silva: Barcelona tried to sign me13:20 | 01/07/2013
The Brazilian defender has claimed that Blaugrana boss Tito Vilanova approached him after the club’s Champions League tie with Paris Saint-Germain in April.
Paris Saint-Germain centre-back Thiago Silva has revealed that Barcelona boss Tito Vilanova tried to convince him to join the Catalan giants.
The two clubs faced one another in the Champions League quarter-finals back in April and the Brazilian says he was approached by the Blaugrana one of the matches.
“Tito is a guy I admire,” the 28-year-old was quoted as saying by Sportyou.
“After the match between PSG and Barcelona in the Champions League I had a chat with him and he invited me to come play for Barcelona.
“There have been no negotiations yet though, I remain calm for now and want to enjoy my holiday.
“In football you never know, but right now I’m happy at PSG, I’m very quiet, I speak daily with the president, it is very difficult to get out of there.”
The former AC Milan man went on to say that French champions are not in a position where they are forced to sell players for financial reason.
“PSG do not sell players, it is a very different situation to that at Milan.”
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.