- Tottenham's Heung-Min Son crowned London's Premier League Player of the Year14:01 | 01/03/2019
Tottenham forward Heung-Min Son has been named the Premier League Player of the Year at the 2019 London Football Awards.
Heung-Min Son has scored 11 Premier League goals so far this season
The South Korean was awarded the top gong for his stunning form this season that has seen him score 16 goals in 34 games in all competitions.
The 26-year-old, who also helped his country to win gold at the 2018 Asian Games, has been a key part of a Spurs side that are close to reaching the Champions League quarter-finals.
Son takes the award from last year’s winner Harry Kane
Son claimed the award ahead of team-mate and last year’s winner Harry Kane, Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Chelsea’s Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace’s Andros Townsend.
The award was given to Son by a panel of 22 experts including ex-players such as Bobby Zamora, Bob Wilson and Tony Cottee.
Brentford striker Neal Maupay has scored 19 Championship goals this season
Away from the Premier League, Brentford’s Neal Maupay scooped the Football League Player of the Year award for London-based teams.
The Bees forward has scored 22 goals in 37 games in all competitions this season and that form helped him beat off competition from Millwall striker Lee Gregory, QPR midfielder Luke Freeman and Charlton’s Karlan Grant and Lyle Taylor.
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.