- U22 Vietnam beat Korean All-Star team in friendly09:14 | 30/07/2017
The national under-22’s Vietnamese football team secured a 1-0 victory over an All-Star team from the Republic of Korea in a friendly match at My Dinh Stadium in Hanoi on July 27.
The victory is expected to boost the morale of Vietnamese footballers ahead of the upcoming 2017 Southeast Asian Games hosted by Malaysia.
With advantages in experience and physical strength, the Korean team dominated for the first 15 minutes but Vietnam soon fought back and created several goal opportunities.
However, the first and only goal of the match did not come until the 70th minute when Vietnamese striker Nguyen Van Toan was able to put one past the Korean goalkeeper.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.