- United close on Thiago11:46 | 08/07/2013
THIAGO ALCANTARA moved a step closer to Manchester United last night.
Sources close to the Spanish Under-21 midfielder say a five-year deal worth an initial £17.5 million are ‘well advanced’ and that “only little details remain to close the operation”.
A few days ago Thiago was included in a new picture modelling the new Barca home and away kits.
But last night he’d been quietly cropped from the shot suggesting his days in La Liga are over.
And his father Mazinho, a World Cup winner with Brazil in 1994, has put his Barcelona restaurant ‘Campechano’ on the market, ahead of an imminent move to England.
New United boss David Moyes has been reluctant to admit Thiago is on his way to Old Trafford.
But it seems the move could be confirmed this week after reports from Spain suggested the 22-year-old has opted to quit the Nou Camp, to maximise his chances of making Spain’s World Cup squad next summer.
Thiago wants to play more often, having Cesc Fabregas, Andres Iniesta and Xavi extremely difficult to shift from the Barcelona line-up.
Bayern Munich, managed by former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola, are also interested but the source added: “Thiago is very excited about the chance to play in the Premier League.
“He’s always loved it.”
According to The Sun
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.