- VFF appoints new general secretary12:57 | 02/04/2014
Le Hoai Anh has followed Ngo Le Bang to manage role of new general secretary of Vietnam Football Federation.
On March 31st, the first conference of seventh term VFF’s executive committee has taken place in Ho Chi Minh City in order to assign head of different departments and execute duties. Among those, to appoint new general secretary is considered as the most important point of this conference.
Before this event, Ngo Le Bang was expected to continue his job. New VFF’s president Le Hung Dung surprised delegates with his nomination Le Hoai Anh ( VFF’s chief of secretariat) into general secretary. Then Le Hoai Anh was approved 100 percent votes from delegates.
Le Hoai Anh was born in 1971 in Ha Noi. He has been working for VFF for 17 years within various affairs. He has devoted much to Vietnam national Football, he invited Barcelona B team to Vietnam in 2005 and Olympic Brazil to Hanoi un 2008.
Besides that, Chief of referees section Duong Vu Lam and his deputy Doan Phu Tan were suspended from middle of 2013 season, Therefore Nguyen Van Mui who had taken charge of referees section years ago will be back.
Moreover, Pham Ngoc Vien will take charge of strategy section, Nguyen Hai Huong will be the head of disciplines, Tran Anh Tu will be responsible for futsal among other headers as Duong Vu Lam, Chu Hong Thanh, Le Nguyen Hong, Doan Nguyen Duc, Nguyen Xuan Gu.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.