- Victoria Beckham chokes back tears as she watches husband David play his final football match15:25 | 21/05/2013
The former pop star looked emotional as she watched on from the crowds as her beau burst into tears as he left the pitch
She’s the queen of the moody pout and is used to showing no emotion when out and about.
But it seems Victoria Beckham isn’t some sort of fashion ice queen – the star, 39, appeared to shed a tear at husband David Beckham’s final football game before his retirement on Saturday.
David was watched by his former Spice Girl wife and their children Harper, Brooklyn, Cruz and Romeo as he battled it out on the pitch with his Paris Saint Germain teammates in a game against fellow football club Brest.
Victoria’s sadness may have been sparked by her husband’s sombre mood as he burst into tears as he left the pitch.
David decided to call time on his soccer career when he made the choice to turn down a year’s extension to play for his French team.
The sportsman announced the news earlier this week and released a statement thanking his fans and the former colleagues he’s worked with throughout his career.
He said: “I’m thankful to PSG for giving me the opportunity to continue but I feel now is the right time to finish my career, playing at the highest level.”
Victoria also thanked her fans for their messages of support by posting an private image of her and a topless David on her Twitter page following the announcement.
She wrote: “Thank you for all your lovely messages, we are so proud of you David x vb.”
That’s all very well and good but we’re not sure why Victoria’s crying – David’s retirement from sport means he has much more time to dedicate to being photographed in his pants. Yay!
According to Mirror
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.