- Viet Nam women's Futsal team compete in 4th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games: A firm stepping-stone to 27th SEA Games 2714:04 | 24/06/2013
In the evening of June 24th, Viet Nam women’s Futsal team had taken off to Incheon-Korea to join in 4th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games: According to Coach Truong Quoc Tuan: ” Viet Nam will certainly meet many tough opponents in region, however we set the highest goal to put legs in the semi -finals. This will also a firm and useful stepping-stone for Viet Nam players before 27th SEA Games in Myanmar November this year.
The 19-member delegation including 14 athletes will compete in Futsal of the Asian Indoor Games and the Asian Martial Arts Games. After 2 months for preparation at Thai Son Nam-dist.8 gymnasium and drill at Thailand, Viet Nam girls are ready to enter the competitions with regional opponents. This year, Viet Nam women’s Futsal team is set in group A with Hong Kong, Iran, Malaysia and Thailand. Group B includes China, Indonesia, Japan and Uzbekistan. The tournament will happen from June 26th at Songdo Global University Campus Gymnasium and Dongbu Students’ Gymnasium. All teams will compete in a round root-bin to choose the two best of each group into the semi finals.
Coach Quoc Tuan said that two tough opponents were Thailand and Iran. However, It does not mean that Viet Nam underestimates two Malaysia and Hong kong. Thailand is the one who had defeated Viet Nam in 26th SEA Game and Iran is famous for its strength all over Asia. The only way to gain the ticket is that Viet Nam has to beat them. Viet Nam is hoped to have an excellent open when facing with tough Thailand on June 26th at Songdo Global University Campus Gymnasium.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.