- Vietnam crowned at International U19 Football Tournament after having beaten Gwangju (Korea)09:53 | 26/04/2017
U19 Vietnam were crowned champions at the 2017 International U19 Football Tournament in Nha Trang city, Khanh Hoa province, as they beat U19 Gwangju from the Republic of Korea 2-0 on April 22.
Van Xuan and Van Nam helped the hosts complete their 2-0 win at the 70th and 72nd minutes, respectively.
Meanwhile, U19 Hoang Anh Gia Lai won the penalty shootout against U19 Myanmar to claim a bronze.
Win Naing Tun and his teammate Hein Htet Aung (U19 Myanmar) shared the top scorer title with three goals for each. The best player title went to Huu Thang (U19 Vietnam). U19 Myanmar also won the fair play prize at the tournament.
The tournament is taking place from April 11 to 22 with the participation of five teams, namely U19 Vietnam, U19 Hoang Anh Gia Lai, U19 Gwangju, U19 Chinese Taipei and U19 Myanmar.
The participants are competing in a round robin format which will decide the top two teams for the final match and the next two for the third-place playoff. The overall champions will receive US$10,000 in prize money, while stakes of US$6,000, US$4,000 and US$2,000 will be awarded to the next three teams, respectively.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.