- Watford sack Gracia, re-hire Sanchez Flores10:46 | 09/09/2019
Watford have appointed former boss Quique Sanchez Flores within minutes of announcing the sacking of head coach Javi Gracia.
Gracia, 49, joined Watford in 2018, guiding the team to the final of the FA Cup last season. Richard Heathcote/Getty Images
Garcia has left the club after a poor start to the Premier League season, with the side bottom of the table.
Watford’s only point so far this season came in a 1-1 draw with Newcastle last weekend, following defeats against Brighton, Everton and West Ham.
Sanchez Flores returns to Vicarage Road, having lead the club to a 13th place finish during the 2015-16 Premier League season, when he also reached the semifinal of the FA Cup before he left his post at the end of the campaign.
Sanchez Flores replaces Gracia, 49, who joined Watford in 2018, guiding the team to the final of the FA Cup last season before ultimately losing 6-0 to Manchester City.
“Javi has represented Watford with great dignity and will always be deserving of our fullest respect for his achievements,” Chairman and CEO Scott Duxbury said in a statement.
“Javi Gracia’s staff will also be leaving the club, ahead of the imminent appointment of a new coaching team.
“Everyone at the Hornets wishes Javi and his staff all the very best for the future, and they will always be welcome visitors in the future at Vicarage Road.”
Source – ESPN
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.