- Wenger Willing to pay €30 million : Arsenal to push the boat out for Higuaín09:23 | 17/06/2013
Real Madrid isn’t going to let Gonzalo Higuaín go for a pittance. As the days go by, more and more enquiries are pouring into the Bernabéu from clubs wanting to know the asking price on the Argentine’s head. This week saw Arsenal jump to the head of the queue.
The Gunners will stretch to as much as €30 million for the marksman, some €8 million more than Juventus has offered. What’s more, the Londoners are willing to pay the fee in one lump sum, while the Italians want to split it into up to five instalments, a far less attractive proposition for Real.
Real Madrid, meanwhile, is all too happy to buy time and hope for an auction. The official reason being given for the delay is that no decision will be made until a new coach is in place, meaning Ancelotti, who is on the verge of landing in Madrid, will also have his say.
Higuaín’s representatives have held two meetings with the Real higher-ups and agree that it is the club’s prerogative to hold out for the best possible offer. The Argentine still has three years to run on his contract and the understanding is that he will only leave for what he is worth.
Juventus looked to have initially stolen a march on the striker’s other suitors, but it has failed to put its money where its mouth is. Now the onus is on the Italian champions to up the ante and match Arsenal’s offer.
According to Marca
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.