- Zinedine Zidane refuses to discuss Gareth Bale's future following his omission against Villarreal12:34 | 06/05/2019
Zinedine Zidane refused to discuss Gareth Bale’s future after the forward was left out of the matchday squad as Real Madrid claimed a hard-fought 3-2 win over Villarreal on Sunday.
Zinedine Zidane refused to discuss Gareth Bale’s future after Real Madrid’s 3-2 win over Villarreal
A double from Mariano and Jesus Vallejo’s close-range strike ultimately gave the home side all three points, although Villarreal had been on level terms through Gerard Moreno and created numerous chances before Jaume Costa scored in the fourth minute of injury time.
Despite Karim Benzema being ruled out through injury, Bale was deemed surplus to requirements by Zidane, fuelling speculation that Bale will leave the Bernabeu in the summer.
“I’m the coach, I have to pick the team and that’s all there is to it,” Zidane said of his decision to leave Bale out in quotes published on the club’s official website.
“You can interpret it as you wish. I need to pick a squad of players and some are going to miss out.”
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.