- Man Utd bid ‘does not seduce’ Porto in ‘test of nerves’09:07 | 29/09/2020
Porto will hold out to get their asking price for Alex Telles after Man Utd lodged a €15m bid for the left-back, according to reports in Portugal.
The left-back scored an incredible 11 goals in 31 appearances for Porto in the Portuguese top flight last campaign.
The Brazilian left-back scored an incredible 11 goals in 31 appearances for Porto in the Portuguese top flight last campaign, while he also contributed eight assists.
The 27-year-old started this season with a bang too, bagging two goals and an assist as Porto beat Braga 3-1 in their first match last weekend and was part of the team that won 5-0 at Boavista on Saturday.
Telles has been consistently linked with the Red Devils in recent weeks, with A Bola claiming ‘concrete progress’ over a deal just a week ago, while they ruled out the possibility of Diogo Dalot joining Porto as part of the deal.
And there’s an update in the Portuguese newspapers on Monday, with A Bola (via Sport Witness) now claiming that Man Utd have been ‘challenged’ to increase their bid for Telles.
Their current €15m offer ‘does not seduce’ Porto as they put on their ‘poker face’ looking for a fee closer to €20m.
The newspaper calls it a ‘test of nerves’ for all parties with a ‘patience game’ under way with fellow Portuguese publication Record saying that there is very little to report on Telles’ current situation at Porto.
Source – Football365.com
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.