- Kick off national first division 2014: HCMC FC to draw insipidly09:40 | 18/03/2014
In spite of having played at home and advantages of foreigners, Ho Chi Minh City football club failed to defeat Hue in their first match at national first division 2014.
The caution of both caused game boring. Hosts Ho Chi Minh City hadn’t showed off much, though they owned two foreigners in squad that Hue couldn’t afford enough. However, Hue controlled game in first half and pushed host in thrill because of dangerous shots. Unfortunately, there was no goal.
Entering the second half, Ho Chi Minh City took back the balance of game when they created many sharp attacks toward opponents. Hue also had counter attack, match was getting more exciting. Nevertheless, game ended without nay scoring, both had to accept 1 point for each.
Meanwhile, candidates of promotion also had an unsuccessful round. Dong Thap lost host Ha Noi in spite of having been higher expected.
Can Tho also owned many national experienced players as The Anh, Huy Hoang, Van Truong, Ngoc Thanh. However, they had to share point with Dak Lak.
Sanna Khanh Hoa has won 2-0 over Fico Tay Ninh. This resulted from cooperating to prevent Tay Ninh’s couple Olusholo and Chibambo. Quoc Tri scored two goals and set victory for Sanna Khanh Hoa.
Đak Lak – XSKT-Can Tho: 0-0
Sanna Khanh Hoa – Fico Tay Ninh: 2-0
Ha Noi – CS-Dong Thap: 1-0
HCMC– Hue: 0-0
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.