- Alex Telles hopes to seal Manchester United move from Porto this week11:40 | 22/09/2020
Alex Telles is hopeful of sealing a move to Manchester United from Porto this week and becoming Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s second signing of the window. Negotiations for the 27-year-old Brazil left-back, who has a release clause of €40m (£36.7m), are advanced.
Alex Telles celebrates after scoring one of two penalties for Porto against Braga on Saturday. He set up the team’s other goal in a 3-1 win. Photograph: Manuel Fernando Araujo/EPA
United are attempting to drive down his price to a maximum of €25m because Telles is in the final year of his contract. The player’s salary at United would be about £75,000 a week.
Telles, who won his sole Brazil cap against Panama last year, would provide competition for Luke Shaw and pose a greater goalscoring threat than the England international. Last season Telles, who takes penalties, scored 11 times in the Primeira Liga and made eight assists. In Porto’s opening-day 3-1 win over Braga on Saturday he scored two penalties and provided the assist for Sergio Oliveira’s strike. In 158 Premier League appearances for United Shaw has scored once and made seven assists.
Solskjær’s only signing of the window has been the midfielder Donny van de Beek from Ajax.
Source – Theguardian.com
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.