- Arsenal release Andrey Arshavin, Denílson and Sébastien Squillaci14:38 | 06/06/2013
Andrey Arshavin’s unhappy spell at Arsenal has come to an end after the Premier League club announced the Russia captain will be one of three players to leave when their contracts expire on 30 June.
The Brazilian midfielder Denílson and the former France defender Sébastien Squillaci will also be released by Arsenal as the manager, Arsène Wenger, rebuilds his squad ahead of the new season.
Arshavin failed to deliver on his potential following his move to the Emirates Stadium for a reported £15m from Zenit St Petersburg in 2009 and barely featured last season.
According to Guardian
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.