- Arsenal sign Sanogo from Auxerre08:56 | 02/07/2013
The young striker joins on a free transfer and will link up with the Gunners at the end of his involvement in the Under-20s World Cup, with Arsene Wenger excited.
Arsenal have completed the signing of Yaya Sanogo from Auxerre.
The France Under-21 international arrives on a free transfer at the end of his contract with the Ligue 2 side, becoming the Gunners’ first recruit of the summer on a “long-term” deal.
“Sanogo is a good young signing for us,” manager Arsene Wenger told the club’s official website.
“He has shown that he has potential with his recent performances for Auxerre and also for the France Under-20s side. We are looking forward to Yaya joining us and continuing his promising development.”
The youngster will link up with the Arsenal squad for training at the end of his involvement in the Under-20s World Cup in Turkey, having scored two goals as France progressed from the group stage.
Sanogo scored 11 goals in 24 games for Auxerre after coming up through the academy ranks.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.