- Bayern deny Inter Milan offer for Liverpool midfield target02:22 | 06/09/2017
Bayern Munich supremo Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has claimed that Inter Milan made “no offer” for Liverpool midfield target Arturo Vidal this summer.
Liverpool were strongly linked with a move for Vidal throughout the summer but the Reds secured the signing of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain instead, while Naby Keita will also arrive in 2018.
It was suggested that Inter had bid for Vidal, who joined Bayern from Juventus for €37million in 2015 but that owners, the Suning Group, had been blocked from moving money out of China to get the deal done.
The Italian giants were after the Chile legend as a replacement for Geoffrey Kondogbia, who left the club for Valencia towards the end of the transfer window, but Rummenigge claims that no bid was ever submitted.
“It’s a lie,” he told Premium Sport. “They never asked him of us”.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.