- Benzema undergoes knee surgery09:15 | 12/06/2013
The Frenchman had been plagued by physical problems in the closing stages of the 2012-13 campaign and has therefore opted to go under the knife
Real Madrid have announced that Karim Benzema has successfully undergone surgery to shake off a persistent problem on his right knee.
The France international had been plagued by physical problems as the season went on and therefore decided to go under the knife in order to be fully match fit in time for the 2013-14 campaign.
Benzema featured for 70 minutes in France’s 3-0 international friendly loss against Brazil on Sunday, before undergoing surgery in Lyon the day after.
“Karim Benzema attended the Santy-Lyon Orthopaedic Centre on Monday afternoon, where he underwent a CAT scan on a ganglion on his right knee,” an official Madrid statement reads.
“The procedure was performed by Dr. Sonnery-Cottet under the supervision of Sanitas Medical Services Real Madrid.”
The striker, 25, netted 11 goals in 30 La Liga appearances for Madrid in 2012-13.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.