- Bertrand Traore joins Chelsea15:27 | 01/11/2013
The 18-year-old Burkina Faso international impressed while on trial at Stamford Bridge over the summer and now joins the club after agreeing a four-and-a-half year contract.
Chelsea have reached an agreement to sign Bertrand Traore on a free transfer, the club have announced.
The midfielder came to prominence as the youngest player at the 2009 Under-17 World Cup in Nigeria, where he represented Burkina Faso at the age of 14, and the Blues have held a long-standing interest ever since.
Now 18, he moves to Stamford Bridge on a four-and-a-half year contract from Association Jeunes Espoirs De Bobo-Dioulasso.
Traore joined Jose Mourinho’s side as a trialist on their pre-season tour of Asia in the summer, playing a part in all three games and scoring against a Malaysia XI and Indonesia All Stars.
The attacking midfielder previously helped Burkina Faso to win the Under-17 African Championship in 2011 and already has 10 international caps under his belt since making his debut as a 16-year-old, scoring once.
He was a member of Paulo Duarte’s squad for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations, making one appearance as the team finished bottom of their group.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.