- Brazil first team to qualify for World Cup after Uruguay upset14:07 | 30/03/2017
Brazil became the first country to qualify for the 2018 World Cup on Tuesday (Mar 29) after Uruguay crashed to an upset 2-1 defeat against Peru.
The Brazilians had moved to the brink of qualification after defeating Paraguay 3-0 in Sao Paulo earlier Tuesday.
But Uruguay’s surprise loss in Lima and results elsewhere mean Brazil are guaranteed one of the four automatic qualifying berths from South America.
Source AFP/ REUTERS
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.