- Carabao Cup draw: Premier League sides learn third round opponents12:12 | 29/08/2019
The majority of England’s top-flight sides will fancy their chances against lower-ranked sides.
Photo by Getty Images
Portsmouth will welcome rivals Southampton to Fratton Park for a south coast derby, with matches to be played in the week commencing September 23.
Sunderland produced the biggest shock of Wednesday’s second-round action, dumping out Premier League side Burnley 3-1 at Turf Moor despite falling behind to Jay Rodriguez’s first goal since re-joining the Clarets.
Will Grigg equalised for the Black Cats before Tom Flanagan and George Dobson struck in the first five minutes of the second half to complete the comeback for Jack Ross’ unbeaten League One side.
Sunderland’s reward is another clash with Premier League opposition, having drawn Chris Wilder’s newly promoted Sheffield United at Bramall Lane.
Bournemouth go to Burton Albion next after they needed a penalty shoot-out to edge past Forest Green Rovers following a goalless draw at home, while Leicester City – who will head to Luton Town – also triumphed on spot-kicks after a 1-1 draw in an all-Premier League tie at Newcastle United.
Everton fell behind in the first minute away to League One side Lincoln City but triumphed 4-2 to earn a trip to Sheffield Wednesday, who progressed thanks to Atdhe Nuhiu’s 96th-minute goal in a 1-0 victory at local rivals RotherhamUnited.
Source – Goal.com
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.