- Champions League: Which teams are in the 'final eight' tournament?15:44 | 09/08/2020
The line-up for the Champions League ‘final eight’ tournament in Lisbon is complete after wins for Barcelona and Bayern Munich on Saturday.
Manchester City beat Real Madrid 4-2 on aggregate to reach the Champions League quarter-finals
Manchester City are the only Premier League side left in the competition and they play Lyon on Saturday, 15 August.
The opening game of the round sees Atalanta take on Paris St-Germain, before RB Leipzig face Atletico Madrid the following day.
Barcelona and Bayern Munich meet for a place in the semi-finals next Friday.
The remainder of the Champions League is being played in a single-leg format, with all games taking place in the Portuguese capital of Lisbon.
It all culminates with the final on 23 August.
Istanbul, originally appointed to stage the 2020 final, will now host the 2021 final.
Champions League schedule 12 August (20:00 BST) Atalanta v Paris St-Germain (Estadio da Luz, Lisbon) 13 August (20:00 BST) RB Leipzig v Atletico Madrid (Estadio Jose Alvalade, Lisbon) 14 August (20:00 BST) Barcelona v Bayern Munich (Estadio da Luz, Lisbon) 15 August (20:00 BST) Manchester City v Lyon (Estadio Jose Alvalade, Lisbon) 18 August Semi-final 19 August Semi-final 23 August Final
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.