- Chelsea edge Reading in seven-goal thriller13:31 | 30/07/2019
Chelsea beat Reading 4-3 at the Madjeski Stadium as they prepare for the new Premier League season.
Photo by Getty Images
Lampard gave starts to both Tiemoue Bakayoko and Danny Drinkwater, both of whom are expected to be sold or loaned out before the transfer window shuts, but it was other players on the edge of the squad who impressed.Ross Barkley equalised for Chelsea after Josh Barrett had given Reading an early lead.
Kenedy, another player who is unlikely to remain part of the first team picture under Lampard after spending last season on loan at Newcastle, put the away side ahead just before half time.
Four minutes after the restart, Michael Morrison levelled the score for Reading.
Mason Mount, who Lampard knows well from their shared spell at Derby County, added two goals in three minutes with half an hour of normal time remaining.
Mount’s second goal would prove to be the winner after Sam Baldock pulled one back for Reading, but they could not find an equaliser.
Source – EuroSports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.