- Chelsea, Man City fined over melee13:39 | 14/12/2016
Premier League leaders Chelsea and Manchester City have been fined over the touchline brawl that erupted at the end of their recent league game, the Football Association announced on Tuesday (Dec 13).
Chelsea were fined £100,000 (US$126,760) and City £35,000 for “failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour”.
A shoving match ensued after City striker Sergio Aguero launched himself at David Luiz towards the end of Chelsea’s 3-1 win at City on December 3. Aguero and his team-mate Fernandinho were sent off.
“Following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing, Manchester City and Chelsea have been fined £35,000 and £100,000 respectively after both admitted a breach of FA Rule E20(a),” the FA said in a statement.
Aguero was given a four-game ban for his foul on Luiz, while Fernandinho got a three-game suspension for shoving Cesc Fabregas over an advertising hoarding.
Chelsea’s win was their eighth in a nine-game winning streak, while City tasted defeat at home for the first time under manager Pep Guardiola.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.