- Chelsea partially close training ground as Hudson-Odoi tests positive for coronavirus10:53 | 13/03/2020
The youngster is the first player from England’s top flight to return a positive test result for the illness which has swept the globe.
Photo by Getty Images
Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi has tested positive for coronavirus, leading the Blues to enact a partial closure of their training facilities.
Hudson-Odoi, 19, is the first Premier League player to be confirmed to suffer from the virus, which has caused league closures in Spain, Italy and France as it was elevated to a pandemic by the World Health Organisation.
The Premier League in contrast declared earlier on Thursday that the weekend’s fixtures would go ahead as planned, although a meeting was subsequently called with clubs for the next day following the news that Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta had been diagnosed with the illness.
Brighton have already moved to suspend their clash against the Gunners ahead of the league’s decision and Chelsea’s visit to Aston Villa must also be in serious jeopardy after the club confirmed the news.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.