- Dinamo Zagreb to play behind closed doors after racist fan behaviour11:54 | 02/04/2019
Dinamo Zagreb have been ordered to play their next home European match behind closed doors following racist behaviour by their fans in the Europa League game against Benfica, UEFA said on Monday.
Dinamo Zagreb fans will not be permitted to attend the club’s next European home game. ANTONIO BAT/EPA-EFE/REX/Shutterstock
The Croatian champions were also fined €20,000 ($22,000) while an on order to play a second game behind closed doors was deferred for a probationary period of two years.
The club were fined a further €47,000 for the setting off of fireworks and throwing of objects by fans and for blocked stairways.
Zagreb won the Europa League round-of-16 home match 1-0 but were beaten 3-0 after extra-time in the return in Lisbon and eliminated.
Dynamo Kiev were ordered to close part of their stadium for their next home European game following a pitch invasion in the match at home to Olympiakos in February. UEFA said fans also set off fireworks and threw missiles.
Malmo and Chelsea were fined €58,000 and €13,000 respectively following incidents at their round-of-32 match in February.
Source – ESPN
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.