- Dortmund crush Freiburg to stay on Bayern's heels13:49 | 22/04/2019
Borussia Dortmund eased past Freiburg 4-0 on Sunday, with goals from Jadon Sancho, Marco Reus, Mario Gotze and Paco Alcacer, to stay a point behind leaders Bayern Munich with four games left in the Bundesliga season.
Borussia Dortmund duo Jadon Sancho and Marco Reus celebrate. Patrick Seeger/picture alliance via Getty Images
England international Sancho tapped in from close range for the visitors in the 12th minute and Reus completed another fine move in the 54th to score his 16th goal of the season.
The pair then combined to set up Gotze for their third in the 79th and Dortmund’s top scorer Alcacer made it 4-0 with an 87th minute penalty, his 17th league goal.
The result kept Dortmund, on 69 points, within striking distance of Bayern, who are top on 70 after their 1-0 victory over Werder Bremen on Saturday.
“It is important that we stick together in the tough moments and continue believing that we can become champions,” captain Reus said. “We want to keep up the pressure on Bayern until the end and we managed to do that with today’s win.
“Now we need to recover in the next days and start preparing for the derby against Schalke.”
RB Leipzig are in third place on 61, nine points clear of fourth-placed Eintracht Frankfurt.
Source – ESPN
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.