- Five clubs to splash £80m for Bale09:24 | 31/05/2013
FIVE clubs are willing to pay £80million for Gareth Bale.
The Spurs star’s agent says Bale would be “honoured” to play for Real Madrid, who are desperate to sign the Welshman.
Yet Spurs are aware that Real, PSG, Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea would all be willing to pay £80m for the player immediately — if he becomes available.
Real president Florentino Perez has Bale as his No1 target.
Perez last night told Spanish radio: “Bale was born to play in Madrid.”
But the North London club is in no rush to sell and the Player of the Season insists he is happy at the club.
This means it could take a world-record £100m offer to get Bale out of Tottenham.
Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett said: “If Florentino is interested in Gareth Bale it would be an honour and we would listen — but his contract is with Tottenham.
“We aren’t free to speak to anyone. The player has three years left on his contract.”
SunSport understands his current package is worth £120,000 a week including bonuses.
But Bale is in no rush and he is happy to play at Spurs next season.
Barcelona have just paid £46m for Brazilian sensation Neymar.
When asked whether Bale would cost more, Barnett replied: “Much more. He’s a better player than Neymar and he has shown that.”
According to The Sun
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.