- France suspends all football over coronavirus11:11 | 13/03/2020
France has suspended professional football as it seeks to contain the spread of coronavirus, the French Football Federation has announced.
Photo by Getty Images
It throws the completion of Ligue 1 into jeopardy as the country joins Italy, Spain, the Netherlands and others in cancelling matches.
Paris Saint Germain played their Champions League last-16 game against Borussia Dortmund behind closed doors on Wednesday with the government having already limited public gatherings to no more than a thousand people.
The 2020 Major League Soccer season in the US – which started less than two weeks ago – has also been suspended for 30 days.
Source – Eurosport.com
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.