- Gareth Bale: Real Madrid forward out of Super Cup in Saudi Arabia with illness10:45 | 07/01/2020
Gareth Bale has been left out of Real Madrid’s squad for the Spanish Super Cup in Saudi Arabia due to illness.
Gareth Bale has scored two goals for Real Madrid this season
The club said the Wales forward, who has been linked with a move away from the Bernabeu in the transfer window, had been “diagnosed with an infection in the upper respiratory tract”.
Madrid take on Valencia in their Super Cup semi-final in Jeddah at the King Abdullah Stadium on Wednesday.
Eden Hazard, who joined Real from Chelsea in the summer, is another notable absentee for the Spanish side.
Eden Hazard has been out since November with an ankle injury
The Belgium international has not played since November, when he suffered an ankle injury during a 2-2 draw against Paris Saint-Germain in a Champions League group game.
Meanwhile, Karim Benzema misses out with a leg injury. The Frenchman has only missed one game this season.
Bale, Hazard and Benzema will remain back in Madrid with Mariano Diaz, James Rodriguez, Lucas Vazquez and Brahim Diaz.
Source – Sky Sport
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.