- Gennaro Gattuso replaces Carlo Ancelotti as Napoli head coach14:34 | 12/12/2019
Gennaro Gattuso has replaced Carlo Ancelotti as Napoli head coach, the club has confirmed.
Former manager Ancelotti was sacked on Tuesday after 19 months in charge in Naples.
Napoli announced the decision to dismiss Ancelotti an hour after he led the club to the knockout stages of the Champions League with a 4-0 home win against Genk, ending a nine-match run in all competitions without victory.
Sky in Italy reported on Tuesday that former AC Milan manager Gattuso was the leading candidate to take over at Napoli, and it is understood the 41-year-old has joined on a provisional six-month deal with an option of a further 12 months.
Napoli, who face Parma in their next game on Saturday, are currently seventh in Serie A.
Sky Sports’ Ben Grounds: Sky Sports News understands Everton will begin contract talks with Ancelotti in the coming days over their vacant manager’s job, although David Moyes could still return to Goodison in an interim role.
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.