- ‘Get De Bruyne to feed Neymar, Cavani & Mbappe’ – Man City star urged to make PSG move15:19 | 26/09/2019
The Belgium international’s former coach, Hein Vanhaezebrouck, believes a switch to France would open up a shot at securing Champions League glory.
Photo by Getty Images
Pep Guardiola’s side are, however, yet to make the expected impact in European competition.
Vanhaezebrouck feels De Bruyne could help to force his way into contention for that crown if he opted to link up with the likes of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe at Parc des Princes.
“But he has never won anything internationally. No Europa League, no Champions League, no World Cup – and these are the things that are always taken into account.
“As soon as he wins one of these prizes I have no doubt that he will be in the running for the FIFA player of the year award and the Ballon d’Or trophy.
“He could yet do it with City – but with the defence they’ve got I am not convinced.
“But to my mind it would be if he played for Paris Saint-Germain.
“Get De Bruyne to feed Neymar, Edinson Cavani and Kylian Mbappe with his pinpoint passes, and you have a team that is virtually impossible to play against.
“The one problem is that it may not suit him to play in Ligue 1. At PSG he would earn even more money than he does now.
De Bruyne committed to a five-year contract with City in January 2018.
Source – Goal.com
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.