- Hair today, but will Rooney be gone tomorrow? Wantaway Wayne celebrates his wedding anniversary - and new transplant - at Rihanna gig10:06 | 14/06/2013
Wayne Rooney gave his new hair transplant an airing at the Rihanna concert in Manchester on Wednesday night as he celebrated a fifth wedding anniversary with wife Coleen.
But while he’s hair today, will he be gone tomorrow? The United striker faces an uncertain summer with his future at Old Trafford up in the hair following a transfer request last month.
As he awaits to discover if there will indeed be a parting, the 27-year-old will comb Europe for a new club. Presumably it won’t be Barnet.
One thing is for certain, with his latest trim, the star won’t need Rihanna’s famous ‘Umbrella’ to save his hair from getting messed up.
Rooney has had a second ‘top-up’ transplant procedure, just two years after the first operation.
The last time he went under the knife – at the same clinic ahead of the 2011-12 season – he went on to open the following campaign with nine goals in his first five Premier League matches.
The 27-year-old went through a nine-hour operation last weekend as a follow on from his 2011 surgery at London’s Harley Street Hair Clinic.
According to the clinic, the second procedure is ‘standard’, and is part of the £15,000 Wayne paid for the procedure two years ago.
Quite where Rooney will be weaving his way through defenders next season remains to be seen.
Chelsea, Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain are among those tracking his progress.
Earlier this week Jose Mourinho has opened the door for him to make the switch to Stamford Bridge, urging the England star to do what ‘makes him happy’.
Well, he’s certainly happier up top now.
According to Dailymail
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.