- Henrikh Mkhitaryan leaves Arsenal for Roma on season-long loan12:46 | 03/09/2019
Arsenal midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan has joined Roma on a season-long loan.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan has been at Arsenal since January 2018
Mkhitaryan arrived in Rome on Monday morning to finalise the deal and underwent a medical with the Serie A side.
Roma will pay Arsenal a loan fee of €3m (£2.7m) with the deal not expected to include an option to buy, according to Sky in Italy.
The Armenian joined Arsenal in January 2018 as part of the deal that saw Alexis Sanchez leave the Gunners for Manchester United.
Sanchez left United after a disappointing year-and-a-half last week, moving to Italy to join Inter Milan on loan.
During his time at the Emirates, Mkhitaryan has scored nine goals in 56 games, making his most recent appearance as a second-half substitute against north London rivals Tottenham on Sunday.
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.