- Higuain rushed to hospital10:41 | 27/08/2013
The Argentine striker was on a boat trip with friends in Capri when he slipped on a rock, requiring eight stitches to his jaw and two to his eyebrow
Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain has been taken to hospital after suffering a head injury while on a boat trip with friends.
The Argentine, who made his debut for the Partenopei debut following his big-money move from Real Madrid on Sunday, slipped on rocks and injured his jaw while in the Marina Piccola in Capri.
He was promptly rushed to hospital where he received a number of stitches – eight to his jaw and two to his eyebrow.
The 25-year-old remained conscious the whole time, was soon discharged and was greeted by two club medics at the hotel where he has lived since arriving at the San Paolo.
Doctors are assessing his situation ahead of Saturday’s match against Chievo, but he is expected at the club’s training ground as usual on Tuesday.
Higuain started Napoli’s 3-0 win over Bologna on Sunday, playing 84 minutes before being replaced by youngster Josip Radosevic.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.