- Higuain to start Arsenal negotiations09:44 | 05/07/2013
Reports in Argentina claim Gonzalo Higuain’s father – and agent – Jorge has been given permission by Real Madrid to open talks with Arsenal.
Arsenal are thought to have been locked in talks with Real for weeks about a deal for the Argentina international striker and sources claim that the two clubs have now agreed a deal.
Real Madrid reportedly wanted €25million (£21m) for the 25-year-old, with Arsenal’s opening offer believed to be €20million, but it appears a compromise has now been reached.
Higuain senior was quoted as telling Fox Sports Argentina: “We have been given permission by Real Madrid to negotiate with Arsenal.
“I will luckily be able to see my son in the Premier League soon.”
Higuain is now reportedly set to fly into England and could complete his long-awaited move over the weekend, but his father insists they have not yet agreed terms with Arsenal.
“There isn’t anything signed yet, but the negotiations are very advanced,” he said.
“We haven’t spoken about the contract yet. Arsenal has made a great offer, in the same way as Juventus.”
According to Foxsports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.