- 'I will never stay quiet' - Taison indignant after racism storm15:21 | 13/11/2019
Shakhtar Donetsk’s Taison remains indignant after he received a red card for reacting to racial abuse from the stands against Dynamo Kiev on Sunday.
Photo by Reuters
The Brazilian raised his middle finger to the crowd and kicked a ball into the stands during the match and the referee took the players off the pitch, following the incident.
When play resumed five minutes later, the officials adjudged Taison’s reaction to be worthy of a red card and the player had be consoled by Dynamo players.
However, in a lengthy post on Instagram, Taison vowed to keep fighting against racism.
“I will never stay quiet after seeing such an inhuman and despicable act!’ Taison wrote.
Dynamo Kiev’s Viktor Tsygankov and Mykola Shaparenko console Shakhtar Donetsk’s Taison, who reacts to presumed racist insults.Reuters
“In a racist society, it’s not enough not to be racist, we must be anti-racist! We need more respect in football, we need more respect in the world.”
Source – Eurosport.com
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.