- Iniesta wants to finish career at Barcelona09:12 | 01/07/2013
The 29-year-old is hopeful that he can agree terms on a new contract with the Blaugrana that will take him right up to the end of his playing days
Andres Iniesta has revealed he has no interest in representing any other club than Barcelona, admitting he would like to finish his career at Camp Nou.
The Spain international still has two years to run on his current contract with the Catalans but is hoping to sign an extension that wil take him right up to the end of his playing days.
“My idea is to continue and retire at Barca,” the 29-year-old told El Mundo Deportivo. “I hope it can be so.
“I hope there aren’t any complications in this regard. But when two parties want the same thing, there usually aren’t any problems. In that sense, I am very calm.”
Iniesta is on international duty with Spain and freely admits that he is relishing playing in midfield, rather than in attack.
“Yes, I feel more comfortable because that’s my natural position,” he explained. “It is no secret for me to say that.
“I have always said that, and it has always been that way. But, of course,there are situations where I have to play in another position, and it’s important that I feel at ease there.”
On Saturday it was revealed that Iniesta will battle it out with Neymar, Andrea Pirlo, Paulinho, Luis Suarez and Sergio Ramos for the Confederations Cup Golden Ball.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.