- Inter 'very close' to sealing Godin switch, confirms Marotta20:17 | 23/02/2019
The Serie A side look set to secure the services of the Uruguay international and prise him away from La Liga at the end of the season.
Photo by: Getty Images
“We are very close to closing the deal,” the 61-year-old stated. “Soon, an official announcement will come.”
Godin starred on Wednesday night for Atletico as he notched the second of two late goals to hand his side a vital Champions League advantage against Juventus with a 2-0 win against the Scudetto holders.
His heroics against Inter’s domestic rivals did not go unnoticed in Italy either, with fans turning up for Thursday’s game sporting the centre-back’s name on their shirts.
Initially arriving in Europe in 2007 with fellow Spanish side Villarreal, Godin has played his entire domestic career since in the country, having made the switch to Wanda Metropolitano in 2010.
Under Diego Simeone, he has helped transform Atletico into one of La Liga’s heavyweight sides, enjoying success both at home and abroad, with a domestic title and two Europa League winners’ medals to his name.
Source – Goal.com
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.