- James Milner: Liverpool player sent off by his former PE teacher Jon Moss09:02 | 22/01/2019
PE teachers often get credit for kick-starting the careers of sporting stars but James Milner might not be singing the praises of his ex-tutor.
Jon Moss (left) was the coach of the team captained by James Milner (holding the ball)
The Liverpool player was sent off against Crystal Palace by referee Jon Moss, who was Milner’s PE teacher at Westbrook Lane Primary School in Leeds.
The midfielder, 33, was dismissed late on after picking up a second yellow card for a foul on Wilfried Zaha.
Nevertheless, the Reds held on to win 4-3 and stay top of the league.
Milner played the game against Palace as an emergency right-back rather than his usual midfield role because of injuries.
He walked straight down the tunnel after his challenge on Zaha as he appeared to know Moss was about to give him his marching orders.
Afterwards, a picture on social media emerged which showed Moss with the youth team in which Milner played. The Premier League has confirmed the photo is genuine.
Moss taught Milner about 20 years ago and recalls him as being a talented sportsman and good at cricket too.
Milner will miss Liverpool’s game against Leicester City following his dismissal.
Referee Jon Moss sends off James Milner (not in picture) against Crystal Palace
Milner will miss Liverpool’s next game against Leicester City after his sending off against Crystal Palace
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.