- Jose ready to offer £60m bait to tempt Rooney to join him at Chelsea12:00 | 09/07/2013
Chelsea will match Wayne Rooney’s £240,000-a-week wages in a five-year deal worth a staggering £60million, if he can force his way out of Manchester United.
Rooney is Jose Mourinho’s first-choice transfer target and the Chelsea chief has been encouraged that he can still land the striker this summer.
Although Rooney was told by David Moyes last week that he will not be allowed to leave United, there are issues which remain unresolved.
Rooney, who has two years left on his Old Trafford deal, is showing no sign of backing down and Chelsea want to take advantage.
He will cost about £30m if United can be persuaded to sell, but that will not be an issue for Chelsea.
Mourinho, who took charge of first-team training yesterday for the first time after the summer break, wants to give Rooney a fresh start at Stamford Bridge.
Mourinho is also monitoring Luis Suarez’s position at Liverpool and has asked his advisors to be kept informed about his position. Arsenal are also monitoring the Uruguayan, but remain focused on rubber-stamping Gonzalo Higuain’s protracted move from Real Madrid.
Higuain has agreed to join the Gunners in a deal that could be worth up to £150,000 a week to the Argentinian.
But the clubs are still around £2m apart in terms of a transfer fee — with Real demanding £25m.
According to Dailymail
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.