- Lampard claims first Chelsea win at St Patrick's17:00 | 14/07/2019
Frank Lampard claimed his first win as Chelsea manager at the second attempt with a comfortable 4-0 victory at Irish club St Patrick’s Athletic on Saturday.
Frank Lampard earned his first victory as Chelsea manager during his second match in charge of the club. Photo by Donall Farmer/PA Images via Getty Images
First-half goals from Mason Mount and Emerson Palmieri were followed up with an Olivier Giroud brace after the break, sealing the win at Richmond Park in Dublin after the Blues were held to a 1-1 draw on Wednesday at Bohemians.
“We should have scored more goals but there were big elements of the performance we were pleased with, particularly in the first half,” Lampard said afterwards. “Some of our build-up play and combinations in midfield and around their box was fantastic.”
Mount, who scored 11 times for Lampard during his loan spell at Derby County last season, got Chelsea off the mark with 15 minutes played when he latched on to Jorginho‘s through ball and slotted past goalkeeper Barry Murphy for his first ever Chelsea goal.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.