- Last gum Sir Alex Ferguson chewed available on Ebay for £105,50010:04 | 22/05/2013
Quite how or indeed why it has made its way onto Ebay is open for debate, but what is purported to be the very last piece of gum chewed by masticator supreme Sir Alex Ferguson before his retirement from managing could very soon be yours if you’re willing to stump up the cash.
Apparently, Fergie’s chewing gum was somehow retrieved from The Hawthorns after being spat out by United’s outgoing overlord following his final game before retirement against West Brom on Sunday.
The gum, now proudly sat atop a velvet cushion and housed in a plush perspex presentation case, has been placed on the online auction site. By Monday afternoon, the highest of 98 bids was 105,500 pounds.
The listing reads thus:
“Used chewing gum: RARE. Recovered from The Hawthorns. Clear perspex/wooden case. Unofficial merchandise, rumoured to belong to Sir Alex.
“After 1,500 games of intense chewing as manager of Man Utd, here lies Fegie’s (sic) last piece of chewing gum. All proceeds go to the MU Foundation charity.
So it might not even be Fergie’s gum after all? What a bargain. That said, if some dunce out there is willing to fork out £105,500 for a piece of unidentified, dried chewing gum, then who are we to stop them?
At least all the money goes to United’s charity.
According to Dailyspot
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.