- Liverpool: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could make comeback on Friday20:38 | 05/03/2019
Liverpool’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could return to action for the Under-23s against Derby County on Friday after almost a year out with injury.
Oxlade-Chamberlain (right) joined Liverpool for £35m from Arsenal in August 2017
The England midfielder, 25, has been sidelined since April 2018 with a knee ligament injury suffered in the Champions League semi-final against Roma.
Oxlade-Chamberlain returned to first-team training in February.
A decision on whether he plays at Derby will be taken this week.
Oxlade-Chamberlain was included in Liverpool’s squad for the Champions League knockout stages when it was named in February.
Liverpool are one point behind Premier League leaders Manchester City with nine games of the season remaining.
The Reds play the second leg of a last-16 Champions League tie at German club Bayern Munich on 13 March following a 0-0 draw at Anfield.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.