- Luis Suarez cannot leave for less than £40million10:28 | 12/07/2013
LIVERPOOL will not consider any bids below £40million for wantaway Luis Suarez.
SunSport revealed on Wednesday that Spanish giants Real Madrid have emerged as favourites to KO Arsenal’s interest in the controversial Kop star.
The Gunners, who failed with a £30m bid, cannot be ruled out and may return with a £35m offer.
But they will get the same response — with the Reds not willing to a deal at that price.
Arsene Wenger has made Suarez his top target with a move for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain now stalling.
But a clause in the Anfield hitman’s deal means the Reds will not consider bids below £40m.
And with Suarez tied up until 2016, they are under no pressure to sell the 26-year-old — despite his wishes.
Suarez must sit out the first six games of the new season as he completes his ban for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic and is not due back in training until late next week.
Fellow Uruguayan star SEBASTIAN COATES could be moving on from Liverpool.
Fulham are keen on the defender, 22, and he wants games in a World Cup year.
According to The Sun
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.